How do you monitor the time you spend on each project?
- I use Caato Time Tracker on my desktop as I work. I am able to pause the timer when I take a break for whatever reason, then restart when I get back to the document. I am also able to send you a screenshot of the time I spend on your assignment and will do this as an attachment on the invoice (if requested).
How do I know what you’ve changed or marked?
- I use Microsoft’s Track Changes feature in Word documents. If the document is a PDF, I will write on it in “red ink” as though it were a piece of paper. I will send you the document with the edits/marks for review.
How does payment work?
- First, I need to take a look at the document to be edited. From there, I will give you an estimate as to how long it might take me to complete the project, then send you an invoice for 50% down. Once I have finished editing or proofreading, I will send you the document for review. After you’ve approved the edited document, or if I haven’t heard from you within 24 hours, I will send you the final invoice for your project via PayPal. Each invoice must be paid within 30 days of receipt.
What does your editing process look like?
- I typically complete four thorough reads of each document:
- I read through the entire document to get a feel for the content and context, as well as your voice.
- I work on grammar, syntax, punctuation, word choice, etc.
- I edit the style and flow of the paper and make sure the paper adheres to the rubric provided (if available). During this read, I also double-check formatting requirements against the appropriate style guide.
- I complete a final read, only touching up where necessary prior to sending to you for approval.
Can I see my document before I pay the final invoice?
- Of course! Send me an email and I will send you what I have completed as of that very moment. I only send the final invoice when I have finished editing the document and you are happy.
If you have any other questions, let me know!