Hello! My name is Ashley Atkinson. I’m a former English teacher focusing on my career as an independent editor and proofreader in the Tampa Bay area. I specialize in academic writing, but also enjoy developing literary and nonfiction work.
- Before becoming an English teacher, I was a training manager for several companies in Tampa.
- AT&T, Dell, and R. J. Reynolds were the top three brands where I developed and delivered training content. I also did some copywriting with these companies.
- I have bachelor degrees in English, psychology, and sociology from Ashford University out of Clinton, Iowa.
- My M.Ed. from Ashford University is in curriculum and instruction.
- I’m currently pursuing a Ph.D. in educational research and evaluation at Nova Southeastern University.
- I’ve been proofreading and editing professionally since 2006.
- I am also in the process of learning and applying the art of book indexing.
- Proud member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society), and NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English).
- Specialties include: Legal transcription, academic, and corporate copy editing and proofreading
- This does not limit me to other work; it’s just what I do most of the time!
- I continue to complete continuing education courses, as well:
- Fundamentals of Editing
- Academic Editing for Graduate Coursework
- Accuracy in the Digital Age
- and more!
- I am always more than happy to edit or proofread a sample just for you.
- I also have samples readily available if that is something you may be interested in.