Hello! My name is Ashley Atkinson. I’m an English teacher focusing on my career as an independent editor in the Tampa Bay area. I specialize in academic writing, but love developing literary and nonfiction work, too.
- Before becoming an English teacher, I was a training manager for several large companies in Tampa Bay.
- AT&T, Dell, and R. J. Reynolds were the top three brands in which I developed and delivered training content.
- I have bachelor degrees in English, psychology, and sociology from Ashford University out of Clinton, Iowa.
- My M.Ed. from Ashford University is in curriculum and instruction.
- I’m currently working toward earning a Ph.D. in education research and evaluation at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida.
- I’ve been working as a paid editor and proofreader since January 2013. However, I’ve been completing editing projects since 2006.
- Proud member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society), and NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English).
- Specialties include: Academic and corporate copy editing and proofreading
- This does not limit me to other work; it’s just what I do most of the time!
- I continue to complete continuing education courses, as well:
- Fundamentals of Editing
- Academic Editing for Graduate Coursework
- Accuracy in the Digital Age
- and more!
- I am always more than happy to edit or proofread a sample just for you.
- I also have samples readily available if that is something you may be interested in.