Hello! My name is Ashley. I’m a former English teacher focusing on my career as a freelance editor and proofreader in the Tampa Bay area. I specialize in academic content, professional documentation (SOPs, technical writing), verbatim transcription and legal documents, and book indexing. I also enjoy developing literary and nonfiction work.
- Before becoming an English teacher, I was a training manager for several companies in Tampa.
- I have bachelor degrees in English, psychology, and sociology from Ashford University out of Clinton, Iowa.
- My M.Ed. from Ashford University is in curriculum and instruction.
- I’m currently pursuing a Ph.D. in educational research and evaluation at Nova Southeastern University.
- I’ve been proofreading and editing professionally since 2006.
- Proud member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society) and NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English).
- My specialties include:
- academic content proofreading and editing;
- transcription proofreading;
- professional/technical copyediting and proofreading; and
- book indexing.
*Note: This does not limit me from other work; it’s just what I do most of the time!
- I continue to complete continuing education courses, as well:
- Fundamentals of Editing
- Academic Editing for Graduate Coursework
- Accuracy in the Digital Age
- Professional Scoping
- Legal and Medical Terminologies
- and more!
- I am always more than happy to edit or proofread a sample just for you.
- I also have a digital portfolio readily available if that is something you are interested in seeing.