Hello! My name is Ashley [Lowe-]Atkinson. I’m an English teacher focusing on my career as an independent (freelance) editor in the Tampa Bay area.
Facts about me:
- Before becoming an English teacher, I was a training manager for several large companies in Tampa Bay; AT&T, Dell, and R. J. Reynolds were the top three brands in which I developed and delivered training content.
- I have bachelor degrees in English, psychology, and sociology from Ashford University out of Clinton, Iowa.
- My M.Ed. from Ashford University is in curriculum and instruction.
- I’m currently working toward earning a Ph.D. in education research and evaluation at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida.
- I’ve been working as a paid editor and proofreader since January 2013. However, I’ve been completing editing projects since 2006.