Hello! I’m Ashley.
I’ve always loved reading, learning, and teaching. In 2017, I stepped away from the classroom and into editing full-time. I have a B.A. in English and sociology and an M.Ed. in curriculum and instruction. I have also completed a significant amount of coursework towards a Ph.D. in educational research and program evaluation.
- Before becoming an English teacher, I was a training manager for several companies in Tampa.
- I have bachelor degrees in English, psychology, and sociology from Ashford University out of Clinton, Iowa.
- My M.Ed. from Ashford University is in curriculum and instruction.
- I’ve completed 24 credits towards a Ph.D. in educational research and evaluation at Nova Southeastern University (NSU has discontinued the program).
- I’ve been proofreading and editing as a part-time freelancer since 2006.
- Academic Content
- Learning Resources
- Nonfiction Books
- Technical Copy
- Journal Articles
- Dissertations and Theses
- Proud member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society) and NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English).
- I continue to complete continuing education courses, as well:
- Fundamentals of Editing
- Academic Editing for Graduate Coursework
- Accuracy in the Digital Age
- Legal and Medical Terminologies
- and more!
I am always more than happy to edit or proofread a sample just for you.
I also have a digital portfolio readily available.
Email me for the link!